Purplebricks CEO Michael Bruce says the uncertainty caused by the Brexit vote in June has been an opportunity for the company, which released its results this week.Speaking during an interview with London-based website DirectorsTalk, Bruce suggested that he saw “Brexit as an opportunity to grow our market share and get out there an educated the UK consumers that the cost of selling your house is too high, you’ve been paying it for too long, and that the unfair commission based model agency is not the one that you should choose”.“We have been very pleased to see that the UK consumer is making that choice, and that there is a seismic change happening in the estate agency [sector] and we’re at the forefront of that change – and we’re looking to capitalise on it.”The comments come after Purplebricks yesterday reported its first profit of £300,000 as well as a 119% increase in the number of Local Property Experts joining the company over the past six months.“This shows that more and more people from the industry want to join Purplebricks to offer a better quality of service,” says Bruce.“It’s why we’re the most positively reviewed estate agent in the UK, and possibly the world.”City investors would appear to agree with Bruce’s bullish summary of his company’s performance to date, and prospects. Its share price has jumped by 6% since its results were released.Purplebricks Michael Bruce Brexit shares EU Referendum December 6, 2016Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Brexit vote has helped us, says Purplebricks CEO previous nextAgencies & PeopleBrexit vote has helped us, says Purplebricks CEOUncertainty has helped break traditional agents’ grip on consumers, claims Michael BruceNigel Lewis6th December 20160619 Views
Topics : “Delhi police had filed a first information report earlier against the Tablighi chief, now section 304 has been added,” the officer said, referring to culpable homicide in the penal code, which carries a maximum punishment of a 10-year prison term.A spokesman for the Tablighi Jamaat group, Mujeeb-ur Rehman, declined to comment saying they had not confirmed reports about the new charges.The Tablighi is one of the world’s biggest Sunni Muslim proselytizing organizations with followers in more than 80 countries, promoting a pure form of Islam.Authorities said at the beginning of the month that a third of the nearly 3,000 coronavirus cases at that time were either people who attended the Tablighi gathering or those who were later exposed to them. India has brought charges of culpable homicide not amounting to murder against the chief of a Muslim seminary for holding a gathering last month that authorities say led to a big jump in coronavirus infections, police said on Thursday.The headquarters of the Tablighi Jamaat group in a cramped corner of Delhi were sealed and thousands of followers, including some from Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangladesh, were taken into quarantine after it emerged they had attended meetings there in mid-March.Police initially filed a case against Muhammad Saad Kandhalvi, the chief of the center, for violating a ban on big gatherings but had now invoked the law against culpable homicide, a police spokesman said. India’s tally of coronavirus infections has since jumped to 12,380, including 414 deaths, as of Thursday.In the coronavirus hot spot of Delhi, 1,080 of its 1,561 cases were linked to the group’s gathering, according to the city government data on Wednesday.The Tablighi administrators earlier said many of the followers who had visited its offices in a narrow, winding lane in Delhi’s historic Nizamuddin quarter were stranded after the government declared a three-week lockdown, and the center had to offer them shelter.Critics of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government have cautioned against fanning communal tension by laying the blame for the spread of the coronavirus on the Muslim group.Officials have rejected suggestions they were unfairly targeting the Muslim community, but said they had to rebuke the group because it had behaved irresponsibly by ignoring social-distancing rules.The Tablighi was also linked to a surge of cases in neighboring Pakistan where it cancelled a similar gathering, but only at the last minute when thousands had already arrived at a premises in the city of Lahore.A gathering organized by the group in Malaysia also led to a surge of cases there and in several other Southeast Asian countries.Pakistan has recorded 6,505 cases according to its latest data, a jump of 520 over the previous day. About 60 percent of Pakistan’s cases load was linked to the Tablighi or were people who had gone on religious pilgrimages to Saudi Arabia and Iran, officials said.Here are official government figures on the spread of the coronavirus in South Asia:* India has 12,380 confirmed cases, including 414 deaths* Pakistan has 5,988 cases, including 107 deaths* Bangladesh has 803 cases, including 39 deaths* Afghanistan has 784 cases, including 29 deaths* Sri Lanka has 238 cases, including 7 deaths* Maldives has 21 cases and no deaths* Nepal has 16 cases and no deaths* Bhutan has five cases and no deaths
A Tudor-style home that has been in Charles Rich’s family for more than 100 years is going under the hammer. Photo: MARK CALLEJAA SLICE of Brisbane history will be up for grabs tomorrow when a Tudor-style home at Hamilton goes under the hammer.Brisbane’s first town clerk, Edwin J. Shaw gifted the home site at 36 Rossiter Pde to his son Lionel Vincent Shaw and his bride Cynthia May on their wedding day. The couple’s grandson, Charles Rich said the newlyweds built a small home on the block around 1900. Charles Rich holds his great-grandfather’s watch while standing in the home his grandparents built.Mr Rich said the home was being sold due to circumstances beyond his control but he hoped whoever bough it, would appreciate its history.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019“I hope it goes to someone who will live in it and restore it,” he said. The Rossiter Pde property will be auctioned at 3.30pm on March 18. In keeping with the character theme, a three-bedroom Queenslander in Milton is also going under the hammer on the same day. Lionel and Cynthia Shaw built the Tudor-inspired home at Hamilton more than 100 years ago.“My grandmother (Cynthia) came from Hove in England so they designed the house like the ones from where she grew up,” Mr Rich said. “They even called the house ‘Hove’ in honour of her hometown.” Charles Rich holds the fob watch presented to Edward Shaw by Brisbane council on his retirement after 41 years service.Mr Rich said the three-bedroom property was “very original and solid” and had leadlight windows, dark timber, brass fittings and distinctive small eaves.“There’s a great little balcony at the top and you can see the Brisbane River through the window at the top of the stairs,” he said. Timber floors and stone benchtops feature in the kitchen.Four of the five bedrooms are upstairs, including the master bedroom with walk-in robe and ensuite. The home is walking distance to Hendra State School.According to CoreLogic, 153 Brisbane homes are scheduled to go under the hammer this week. CoreLogic auction spokesman, Kevin Brogan said the auction market in Queensland’s capital was solid on the back of a 55.8 per cent clearance rate last week. “That is an increase in clearance rate compared to couple final months of last year,” he said. “It looks like the market in Brisbane in performing quite strongly.” Timber floors features throughout 71 Baroona Rd, MiltonThe home is close to Suncorp Stadium, Milton train station and the cafes and boutiques of Paddington. For those looking for something more modern, 2A Rous St, Hendra will be auctioned at noon on March 18. The property at 2A Rous St, Hendra will appeal to buyers looking for a modern family home.The five-bedroom, three-bathroom residence was architecturally designed and has a lap pool and three living rooms. The open plan living hub is downstairs and the kitchen, with Caesarstone benchtops and stainless steel Miele appliances, opens to the entertaining deck, overlooking the in-ground pool. The Queenslander at 71 Baroona Rd, Milton has character features throughout.The home at 71 Baroona Rd has an elevated front veranda, wide timber floorboards, high ceilings and casement windows. Modern features include airconditioning, ceiling fans, solar hot water and Crimsafe screens. An open-plan living and dining area is off the updated kitchen, which has gas cooking and a dishwasher.