ShareTweet

first_imgShareTweet Mouldable foam soap a Derry woman said has left her nephew in intensive careDERRY City and Strabane District Council has launched an investigation into an incident in the city earlier this week which has left a young boy fighting for his life in hospital.The three-year-old Derry boy is in a critical condition after a canister of Paw Patrol soap “exploded” while he was having a bath.His aunt posted a picture of the mouldable soap container on Facebook to spread the word about his injuries. The branded cleanser features images of three dogs from the popular cartoon rescue heroes, whose work protecting the community takes them on all sorts of adventures.The little boy was last night being cared for at the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children after being transferred from Altnagelvin Hospital.His aunt said: “Our nephew was in the bath tonight (Wednesday) with this Paw Patrol Foam Soap and it exploded.“He’s been rushed to the hospital and has to go to the Royal. Please please keep him in your thoughts and prayers he’s only 3.” In a statement, Derry City and Strabane District Council said its health and safety consumer protection team are investigating the incident.It said the council is committed to safeguarding the public “to ensure that unsafe products are not manufactured, distributed or supplied within the district”.The council added: “Our thoughts are with this young child and his family at this very difficult time.”Kokomo are licensed by Nickelodeon to make the product in the UK and Ireland.Nickelodeon’s parent company Viacom said: “We are terribly sorry to hear about this dreadful incident and are gathering more information about the licensed product involved.”Former SDLP MLA Pat Ramsey has called for Paw Patrol canister soap to be removed from shelves in DerryFormer SDLP MLA and ex party chief whip Pat Ramsey said he has been in contact with the family since the boy was injured.He issued a community alert at their request, warning other parents not to use the foam soap.Mr Ramsey urged local retailers to remove the product from the shelves immediately.He said: “They asked me to share to make sure no other child is badly injured by what can only be described now as dangerous.“I wound certainly make an urgent appeal to retailers presently selling Paw Patrol Foam Soap to take them off the shelves.“The public health departments need to urgently investigate before a young innocent child loses their life.“I wound certainly make an urgent appeal to retailers presently selling Paw Patrol foam soap to take them off the shelves.“Most importantly our thoughts and prayers are with child and their family at this most worrying of times.A spokesperson for Nickelodeon said: “We are terribly sorry to hear about this dreadful incident and we are gathering more information about the licensed product involved.”center_img ALTNAGELVIN HOSPITALCOUNCIL LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO EXPLODING BATH FOAM WHICH LEAVES DERRY BOY CRITICALLY ILLDERRY COUNCILHEALTH AND SAFETY CONSUMER PROTECTION TEAMPat RamseyPAW PATROLVIACOM COUNCIL LAUNCHES INVESTIGATION INTO EXPLODING BATH FOAM WHICH LEAVES DERRY BOY CRITICALLY ILL was last modified: October 21st, 2017 by John2John2 Tags:last_img read more